SkArcher on Thu, 27 May 2004 15:18:01 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Straw Poll on the Government Turnover

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:00:12 -0400 (EDT), Zarpint <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I call for the following informal Straw Poll:

{{
How should the game be managed?

1. Open Source Government: any player may perform any task needed, with
incentives for performing them, and mechanisms to make sure all needed tasks
get performed.

Get's my vote. What is important is the concept of Openesss not only to the Legislative process, but also to the Bureaucratic process (and, equally, to the Judicial process of CFIs)

I've been considering this issue for a while, and I think a lot of the issues with the way the Nomic works is the lack of definition between the various facets of government. That Bureaucracy, Legislature and Judiciary are all mixed up in our system is, I consider, a flaw.

I'm working on a prop to modify this and try for Open Source bureaucracy at least. If you'll remember, I tried to provide a framework previously with r1583, which I still consider would make an excellent framework for Open Bureaucracy.

--
 SkArcher