bd on Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:04:59 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

On Sunday 11 April 2004 04:51 pm, Glotmorf wrote:
> On 11 Apr 2004 at 16:33, Daniel Lepage wrote:
> > As Joel is waiting for a consensus, I hereby call for a Straw Poll.
> > Please vote YES, NO, or HIPPOPATAMUS on the statement:
> >
> > The addition of "[spoon-discuss]" or "[spoon-business]" to the subject
> > of emails sent to the B Nomic lists is irritating and should be
> > disabled.
> >
> > I vote YES.
>
> As tempting as it is to vote HIPPOPATAMUS, I vote NO.  I'll
> grant you that it's irritating, but how the hell else are you
> going to tell when an email is on the business or discussion
> forum?  Easily, at least, without scanning the header?

I filter spoon-b and spoon-d into seperate folders. You could also get your
mailer to flag spoon-b (or -d) with an 'Important' or whatever flag, if it
supports that (and AFAIK most do).

--
bd
A cynic is a person searching for an honest man, with a stolen lantern.