Glotmorf on Fri, 9 Apr 2004 22:02:15 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Another Vote

On 9 Apr 2004 at 22:40, Zarpint wrote:

> Admittedly, the rant is a new low. I was referring to the previous
> props where you took the persona of some guy who apparently had a
> whole crowd of people to say, 'Who's your daddy?' to. One of them was
> this guy who had an entire company of his own, and everyone kept
> asking him what they could do, and he kept saying "Whatever you want,
> but clear it with me" or something vaguely like that. It's very
> familiar.

Well, there was a reason for that...Before it became possible
to create a society by a game action, one could only create
them through a proposal.  That "...but clear it with me"
proposal was a society-creation proposal for M-Tek, setting me
up as the Prez.

The DimShip series was meant to be a neo-Verne science and
exploration story, except the exploration aspects ground to a
halt with the Barney fiasco, and Wonko's subsequent DimShip
scam.  I didn't have M-Tek in mind when I started the series,
but it seemed logical to piggyback off the story line.

After that it was just a convenient medium.  And, in all
fairness, I never went as far as the Baron, who composed a
company that had a covert paramilitary arm...peon blew up my
lab with it too...:P

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt