SkArcher on Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:59:10 -0600 (CST)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] I'm baaack...

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:52:16 -0500, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Welcome back, BTW.  Good to see you.  The old timers are
dropping like flies again.

Because they're light enough that air resistance can be a serious impediment, I've never seen a fly fall particularly quickly compared to, say, an elephant. A better expression might be, "The old timers are dropping unlike flies again".

Ah, the sweet smell of an innocent Simile brutally hacked down and exposed to such mixed metaphors.

It's good to be back.

How was Brazil? Like the film of the same name?

--
SkArcher