Glotmorf on Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:55:43 -0600 (CST)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 60 Ballot

On 26 Mar 2004 at 1:47, Zarpint wrote:

> I don't mind at all, SkArcher -- usually props get shelved when just a
> small change would work to fix them. If it costs bandwidth, there's no
> reason to fix them, since it's a waste of bandwidth that could be used
> for new proposals. The Bandwidth was already paid once, and the prop
> didn't fail, so it doesn't make sense to charge bandwidth for it
> again.
>
> Besides, I never seem to have enough bandwidth when I really need it.

Yes, but a shelved prop is more than just something that can
have a quick fix attached to it.  Unless smething has changed
recently, it's possible to totally rewrite a shelved prop,
which means if you don't want to go to the trouble of fixing
it you can simply re-use that half-prop-cost slot for a
totally new prop.

It's more of a discount on your next purchase.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt