Bill Adlam on Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:18:39 -0600 (CST)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] finance and such

Baron von Skippy <bvs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >A sensible warning, but I don't see anything wrong with inflation
> (in B
> >Nomic), indeed it could be quite exciting.  A reasonable goal would
> be
> >Germany 1923-4, or, even better, France 1793-4.
>
> -Feh. Lightweights. The record was either Romania or Bulgaria, I
> believe in the interwar period, when one unit of the prewar currency
> was worth 828,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 postwar. Anyway, as
> long as Wonko's still playing, put a cap on the currency.-

I for one wouldn't consider that a reasonable goal.  A limit of 100%
inflation per nweek would be challenging without making financial
affairs unworkable.

> -Again, this is unwise. Such a plan would simply mean that a player
> (Wonko) who found (Wonko) a hole (Wonko) in the rule (Wonko) could
> then get an exponentially increasing number of Tildex every nweek,
> and probably shut the rest of us out in the process.

If the rest of us can't find a way to plug the hole for nweeks on end,
or can't agree on how to do it, (Wonko) deserves all e can get.

Sagitta