Baron von Skippy on Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:28:26 -0600 (CST)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Greetings from Benomica

>Well, would the thing say "the person who proposed this gets 5 points if....", or
>would it say "Wonko", and people would just think, say, the Baron proposed it out of the
>goodness of eir heart? The main problem we had with BvSI, Athena's Society, and so on,
>was that the societies would own various game things like Gnomes, and get points
>from buying them...and so who would vote for a prop that said "You can buy this
>from Player R for 10 points" which gives R points, although it might introduce
>something interesting. I don't see anonymity giving any advantage here...who is going
>to propose to give Wonko a product to sell except Wonko?

-One thing vSOI had going for it (which might be useful to allay uneasiness about ownership of tech) was that /I/ didn't get all the gains from it. They were split among the members (yes, I could have booted everyone when payday came, but that would have been stupid in the long run), and since there were a majority of players as members, things passed. At least, that's how it worked in theory. The payouts didn't happen so often. Oh well. And it might be hard to have a bunch of collectives.-

[[BvS]]