Daniel Lepage on 31 Jan 2004 22:24:58 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Let's play the Voting Game!

On Jan 31, 2004, at 5:20 PM, Rob Speer wrote:

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 02:54:32PM -0500, Daniel Lepage wrote:
If everybody votes for everything except bar, and against bar, and
then you switch your foo and bar votes, you gain 10 points from foo,
and 40 points from baz. You also get a 50 point bonus from voting no
on bar when baz and foo both passed. And you get 30 from Qux.

That makes 110.

And of course, by 110, I mean 130.

But you switched your foo and bar votes, meaning you voted YES on bar,
so by 130 you mean 80.

You can get 40 for voting for bar or 50 for voting against it, but you
can't get both.

Oops. My mistake. One of those was probably supposed to be the other way around, but I'll leave it as it is, to avoid having to do out all the math again.

--
Wonko
Award Wonko a Win.