Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 27 Jan 2004 14:43:49 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 56 BALLOT (Corrected)

You have misread prop 1766. You only get one style bonus per week
no matter how many times you change gender.

STYLISH
If a player has changed gender at least once during an nweek, increase eir style by 1 at the end of the nweek.
STYLISH

That only happens once per nweek.

What sort of gender specification requires 127 characters? Obviously, one
that won't fit into 126 would. Mine require at least 100.

on 1767: Why make someone type 100 lines for a scam? You could just write
a C program, like bd did to make 1001 CFJs, even without this proposal,
anyway.

on 1768: We're not going to enact them. Just reward them. No smoke for that.

on 1769: A society is not a Player and thus not eligible for the title.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Glotmorf wrote:
> > Proposal 1766/0: Gender Fix (Zarpint)
>
> No.  By the resulting wording of r295, gender changes could
> stack up until the beginning of the following nweek -- first
> one gender change would take effect, then another.  This is in
> effect permitting a style scam, since there would be nothing
> preventing someone from changing gender a thousand times and
> racking up 1000 style.  It wouldn't even be more work for the
> Admin, since he would only have to look at the last one and
> declare that to be the resulting gender change, but
> theoretically 999 gender changes would have happened before
> that one.
>
> I'd kick someone in the ass for trying it, except your
> proposal prevents that too.
>
> Besides...what sort of gender specification requires 127
> characters?
>
> > Proposal 1767/0: Pseudocoding is not a crime (Zarpint)
>
> No.  Pseudocode would make things like the abovementioned
> style scam to be convenient.  And I still wouldn't be able to
> kick you in the ass.
>
> Although I like the idea of the "interestingly appropriate
> effect."  Sufficiently vague as to allow most anything.
>
> > Proposal 1768/1: Rewarding Strangeness (Zarpint)
>
> No. Actually, this rewards the making of proposals that, if
> enacted, would royally piss Dave off.  If he had a webcam and
> we could actually watch him pull his hair and blow steam out
> of his ears, that would be one thing, but as it is I fail to
> see the point.
>
> > Proposal 1769/0: Attributes are very Stylish (Zarpint)
>
> Shelve.  Last I looked, Wonko had a society that possessed
> infinite style.
>
> > Proposal 1770/0: Once More, With Less Suckage (Baron von Skippy)
>
> No.  Maybe put this in a subgame.  But not as part of the main
> game.
>
> Damn...didn't I like ANYTHING this nweek?
>
> Guess not.
>
> 						Glotmorf
> -----
> The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
> http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt

Zarpint            "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
Jeremy Cook         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx       --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd
grep -r kibo /     "Movements are the problem, not the answer to problems."