Baron von Skippy on 19 Jan 2004 22:15:32 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Opening the Trousers of Time

>> A. Balefire
>> Balefire is a substance which can be used to remove a target from the gamestate retroactively, such that it ceased to exist at the beginning of the checkpoint before the checkpoint in which balefire was used on it. This length of time is standard unless otherwise specified in the description of the source of the balefire. If the removal of the target would allow actions to be taken that were declared before balefire was used, those actions occur. If those actions are player actions, the player who would
>perform the action must alert the Administrator of their now-legal actions before those actions can occur.
>
>Er.  Yer kidding, right?
>
>Virtually anything that changed hands enough times would cause
>serious insanity were it to retroactively disappear.  Remember
>GremBall?  Or how about gnome recipes?  Could one
>retroactively destroy one of the gnomes that went into the
>making of a PGGB?
>
>Now, you want to retroactively destroy smeared eclairs, I
>think that might work...

-But how often do we perform an action on one thing in the space of six days? That's the longest possible time balefire works, remember. Most times, this doesn't mean much, really. So if we had Gnomes /now,/ then you could retroactively stop a PGGB, thus also stopping someone getting 250 points and winning, perhaps, but you couldn't stop the one I had about twenty nweeks ago. So this wouldn't screw things up too much, I don't think. And it might even help.-

[[BvS]]