SkArcher on 18 Jan 2004 23:51:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] repeal-o-prop

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:45:00 -0600, Baron von Skippy <bvs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It's a very long and sordid story. BvS, want to explain?

Anyway, I was walking around his backyard when he tripped on something and fe ll flat on his face. Turning around, he discovered a piece of metal sticking out of the yard. Once dug up, it turned out to be the plates from the printin g machinery that had produced the Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, and Revised edition s, whose disappearance had caused Wizards of the Coast to start making new ca rds in great quantities instead of tweaking the appearance of the old ones. R ealizing that the plates were worth a bloody fortune, I sold them on eBay for 93 dollars and a piece of string. The person who purchased the plates paid p
romptly, so I gave them good feedback.

This purchaser, who we shall call "you" to keep this story confusing, took th e plates to your office, a printing press. There, you started mass-producing "authentic" old cards. As a result, the value of cards from those sets has dr opped 99%, especially since you hired a team of complete and utter geeks with nothing better to do (due to a lack of social life) to handle each card for a few hours so they all look somewhat used, making it impossible to tell the fakes from the reals, except in the case of Serra Angels - you stopped lettin g them handle those after one declared one of the Angels to be his girlfriend
. Bit of an embarassment, that.

That's hilarious. I guess that's what you get for "investing" in pieces of
colored paper manufactured by a company which specializes in selling
artificially scarce pieces of colored paper. (Not you, personally, but the
general you.)

On the other hand, MtG isn't a bad game, and I'll bet now I could put
together a good deck and have fun for cheap. Ha!

-...You do realize that I made every sentence of that up, except for the part about my computer not having an eight of spades in the solitaire deck, right?-

Scary-funny though. I suggest you apply for a job in SCOs PR department. I'm sure they could find a use for you

SkArcher