SkArcher on 12 Jan 2004 22:01:20 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] please spam me :-)

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:55:49 -0600 (CST), David E. Smith <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, really. If you have extra spam, please send some of it to
dave@xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm playing with the "Barracuda Spam Firewall" here in the office.
bnomic.org is a small domain, and hopefully even if it were to totally
break, it wouldn't be much of a problem for many people for very long.

So, the Barracuda is handling incoming mail for bnomic.org now. It will
probably continue to do so for a few days, as a test. Possibly much
longer, if we decide to keep it (and shell out about $4,000 for a little
black box).

If any of the bnomic.org email users see strangeness with email, please
let me know, both at this address and at my usual one
(dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

And if you're an active B Nomic player, and want your very own @bnomic.org
email address, let me know, and I'll try to get you set up.

...dave

2 Nigerian 419 Spams, 5 credit cards, 1 diet pills and 1 selling e-mail address so you can be your very own spammer

enjoy :/

the credit card spams are broken due to the borked up HTML used to try to bypass spam settings. Opera is well trained. It just refuses to have anything at all to do with even the idea of diplaying them :) I included the auto generated attachments as you might learn something from them.

incidentally, the way I know that most of the spam that arrives for me is just spam is the capitalisation. most spam bots will just put all in lower case or all in upper case. The presence of CamelCase in my e-mail address is used to verify real mail

it rips all of the mailing list mail out of the loop first tho :)

On a related not (and I may have asked this before) can anyone host a single domain and POP box? I need to move mail.ceasethinking.com from its current location before domain re-registration in March

SkArcher