Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 12 Jan 2004 03:41:42 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 55 BALLOT (finally!)

Well, I don't see that "the Almighty Bob" vs. "Almighty Bob" makes any
difference.

Anyway,

An abbreviation or nickname for an object may be used in place of its
identifier provided that the context makes it unambiguous which object
is being referred to.
-from r2

So it seems to me that any references anywhere to "Almighty Bob" or "Admin",
with any number of "the"s before them, will refer to Dave.

The real problem is Dave vetoing. Dave, are there any conditions under which
you wouldn't veto a rule like this?

Zarpint

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> >> 'Course it can. We got props that mention the admin, there might be
> >> cards, other game documents...
> >
> >I modify my proposal __For the Love of Bob__ to read:
> >
> >{{
> >__For the Love of Bob__
> >
> >Replace all occurances of "the Adminstrator" or "the Admin" (case
> >insensitive) in the ruleset, the body of any card or any society charter
> >with "Almighty Bob". [[Also, see the second paragraph of r255.]]
> >
> >Remove the first occurance of the string ", or Admin," from r25.
> >
> >The effects of this proposal occur after those of all other passed
> >proposals for the current nweek.
> >}}
> >
> >[[Besides, what fun is it if we don't break the game every other nweek?]]
> >
> -Idea:
>
> {{
> __For the Love of Bob__
>
> Replace all occurances of "Adminstrator" or "Admin" (case insensitive) in the ruleset, the body of any card or any society charter with "Almighty Bob". [[Also, see the second paragraph of r255.]]
>
> Remove the first occurance of the string ", or Almighty Bob," from r25.
>
> The effects of this proposal occur after those of all other passed
> proposals for the current nweek.
> }}
>
> Basically, get rid of the "the" in your prop, and put up with him being "the Almighty Bob."-
>
> [[BvS]]

Zarpint            "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
Jeremy Cook         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx       --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd
grep -r kibo /     "Movements are the problem, not the answer to problems."