Craig on 26 Dec 2003 16:36:39 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] The Grid (with apologies to the scientists andstaff of the Beagle2project)

>I am not familiar with Hnefatafl, and in fact I have no idea how one
>would go about pronouncing it...what is it like?

http://user.tninet.se/%7Ejgd996c/hnefatafl/hnefatafl.html

Hnefatafl was a family of medieval strategy games. The common elements were
the fact that the pieces all moved like rooks (convenient for expanding
beyond 2d!) and were captured if they had two opposing pieces on opposite
sides, and the fact that one side had a "king" that was trying to escape
while the other side tried to kill it.

 -- Teucer

* Victorian_Skunk finds it easier to play online because it's harder to
spill pizza on Wordpad.

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx