Joel Uckelman on 24 Dec 2003 20:20:29 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

Thus spake "Glotmorf":

> I think I'd still prefer cubes.  At a given level you could
> define an island of cubes as being isolated all around on up,
> so that a mound can collapse in the middle as well as at the
> bottom.  You can also create "light wells" that way, such that
> if a given XY square is open all the way up, one can recharge
> anywhere in it along the Z.  Les'n, of course, there's a bot
> somewhere above you hogging all the light.

You just reminded me of an idea I had a long time ago. Does anyone think
that something like Boulderdash would be fun? The players could dig, shove
rocks, collect diamonds, be chased by fireflies and butterflies, etc.