Glotmorf on 24 Dec 2003 16:35:28 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

On 24 Dec 2003 at 2:50, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> In a setup such as ours, how would script order be determined? i.e., if
> I and Rob both instruct our bots to move to the same space, which of us
> gets there? Or do neither of us do so?
>
> In some ways this reminds of Diplomacy, where orders are written down,
> and then all revealed at once. It makes it very easy to set up very
> intricate plans, and even easier to knock them down.

The cards in RoboRally all have numbers on them; if there's a
conflict in clock cycle 3 between two cards, whichever has the
higher number takes precedence.

Diplomacy, on the other hand, uses support to determine
precedence -- whichever acting piece is supported by the most
other pieces gets through.

I suppose we could have support in this game (Diplomatic
RoboRally?), though it could also be done randomly, or perhaps
a settable maximum energy allotment for a given action, so
that whichever action can power up more than other actions
takes precedence.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower