Bill Adlam on 3 Dec 2003 18:42:21 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Rock, Paper, Pirates

Teucer wrote:

> Body: You may play this card on any Waiting card. When this occurs, a
> judge
> is randomly selected. Both you and the player of the Waiting card
> send a
> message to the judge containing any one of the following terms:
> "Rock",
> "Paper", or "Scissors". These terms are known as Throws. If both
> players
> choose the same Throw, the judge chooses one of them at random, and
> that
> player gains the attribute "Hand Job Master". If the chosen throws
> are
> different, a player who selected Rock is given said attribute if and
> only if
> eir opponent selected Scissors. Otherwise, their opponent gains the
> aforementioned attribute. If neither player chooses Rock but the
> Throws
> chosen differ, the player who chose Scissors gains the attribute
> "Hand Job
> Master".

The judge is randomly selected from what set?
When do the players send their throws?
Is it possible to change one's throw?
What if the judge's e-mail address is hidden/bouncing?
How do we find out who won?
When does the winner gain eir coveted attribute?

For timing reasons I think it's a bad idea for any rule to force a
player to post a message.  In fact, I'm contemplating a proposal to
that effect.

I also don't like the name of the attribute (although I appreciate the
efficiency of achieving two onanistic references in only three words).

Meanwhile, in Rule 625 A.1, "expicitly" should no doubt read
"explicitly".

Sagitta