Baron von Skippy on 28 Nov 2003 03:31:28 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Prop 1711 -- Legislosity

>A couple questions on this prop:
>
>- Section E says, "When the game ends, each player recieves five Points for
>each LP they had, and the Moderator recieves one point for every three LPs
>scored during the course of the game." Where do these points come from?  Are
>they new points, or should they come out of the 20 that the Moderator received from
>each player?

-They're new.-

>- If the former, what stops players from conspiring to generate a shitload of bugs and
>tweaks to make themselves rich?

-Well, nothing, other than the Moderator noticing and deciding not to recognize the bugs and tweaks any more. I suppose that's not a very strong check. I'm not seeing any easy fix here, except to impose a limit on bugs/tweaks per checkpoint, and a way to /lose/ LPs... ah, there we go. Each LP has to come from someone. If you left a hole, you lose an LP (minimum of zero). That way there's not really any easy way (esp. combined with a limit on tweaks per checkpoint) to make an assload of points with someone else. Okay, I'll fix that later tonight.-

>- If the latter, what's the Moderator's motivation for paying out LPs?  And where
>would the Moderator's points come from?

-The Moderator's points are also new.-

[[BvS]]