Daniel Lepage on 23 Oct 2003 04:08:58 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 51 RESULTS

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 03:12 PM, SkArcher wrote:

It's another of those ambiguous bracket situations isn't it?

at a cost of (three style points per word of text) plus five score points.

vs.

at a cost of three style points per (word of text plus five score points).

now, is there any way of gramatically arranging brackets to imply that Wonko
should lose 5 score points per word of text?

Nope, because I explicitly stated that the action I was taking was to create a T-Shirt by spending some Style and no points; even under the logical interpretation of the rule, I haven't actually *done* anything, since the action I tried to take was illegal.

But it least it got somebody to *say* something.

--
Wonko