Glotmorf on 10 Oct 2003 03:33:35 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss]Re: [Spoon-business] Whn you'r bord, what ls can you do?

On 9 Oct 2003 at 22:23, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> >> Aha! Now I have an idea for what to change this prop to.
> >>
> >> I amend the prop entitled __Stop That!__ to read:
> >>
> >> {{
> >> __A Void__
> >>
> >> Add a part C.5 to r437 as follows:
> >> {{
> >> C.5. Void Form
> >>
> >> Void Form is such a form; a proposal is in Void Form if and only if
> >> it has 30+ words, and fails to contain any char. which, in our
> >> standard list of chars, occurs 'twixt d and f. Void Form has a prop
> >> bonus of 15 points and 1 Charm.
> >>
> >> A prop in Void Form with 200+ words gains its author 40 additional
> >> points upon its passing, but only if its author asks for said
> >> points upon its passing. [[That's a lot of points, but that's a lot
> >> of words, too; and if you don't notify us of your prop's status as
> >> a 200+ word void prop, you don't gain all that bonus.]] }} }}
> >
> >Ah.  I see I have a challenge presented to me.  Note that I am a
> >veteran of, among other things, the 52-word palindromic blog post
> >challenge.
> >
> >[insert sound of knuckles cracking]
> >
> >Bring it on, sucka.
> >
> -So you wish to forbid this symbol from our proposals... a tricky
> proposition, obviously, but I do not quail so fast from such as this.
> I will support your (a tad whimsical, at minimum) prop. How much
> difficulty can forty words sans that, as you say, "char." truly
> occasion? An inquiry: is it within the laws of B Nomic to switch
> /linguas/, to borrow from the Italian, randomly to allow us to hop
> through this hoop at such occasion as a lack of synonyms without that
> backwards and flipped schwa? (This post contains 103 such words, not
> including my sig at the bottom... whoo!-

Far too simplistic, that.  If I don't know said lingua, how do I know I'm playing rightly?
And no props past did inapropos lingua-switching, so I would not casually allow it
now.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower