Daniel Lepage on 4 Oct 2003 17:06:29 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Redefinition

On Saturday, October 4, 2003, at 04:56 AM, SkArcher wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: spoon-discuss-bounces@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:spoon-discuss-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Daniel Lepage
Sent: 04 October 2003 05:53
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [spoon-discuss] Redefinition

<SNIP>

An External Force may become a Player by posting a message to a Public
Forum containing a request to become a player and a uniquely
identifying name that e wishes to be known by. It may do this if and
only if it fulfills the following requirements:
* It is capable of passing the Turing Test
* It is either not already a Game Object, or a Lost Soul
* It has a working e-mail address

so.... If I read this aright, once you forfeit you cannot return to play?
Shouldn't there be some way of returning to the nomic after leaving it?

I understand why you want to keep non-players as Objects, but not allowing
them to return is a bit harsh

They'd be allowed to rejoin... if they ceased to be a player, they'd become a Lost Soul; in order to join, you have to be either a Lost Soul or not a Game Object at all.

--
Wonko

Estimated amount of glucose used by an adult human brain each day, expressed in M&Ms: 250
     -Harper's Index, October 1989