Baron von Skippy on 25 Sep 2003 02:53:44 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] TheCheckpointlyRecognizer(50.3/4)

>> >How do you know who made the edit?
>> >
>> -I think the punishment should be more drastic. If you touch
>> someone else's prop, one of your props is replaced with "Give the
>> author of this proposal a Kick in The Ass. Give all points gained
>> by the passing of this proposal to <whoever wrote the prop you
>> changed>" If you try to undo that change, it's treated like you
>> changing someone else's prop and the points go to the Gremlin
>> Fund. If you have no props, one is made in your name with that text.
>>
>> And if we don't know who did it... dunno. Can the IP address be
>> traced? Is it worth anything to know the IP address?-
>>
>Q1: Probably yes
>
>Q2: Probably not, judging by the technical level of most people here. Heck,
>_I_ can spoof an IP, so lots of others can if they put their minds to it.
>
>What it comes down to is trust. I _could_ but I wont bother because... well,
>because I'm playing this game, not silly buggers. But then, I wouldn't
>illegally modify someone elses props, but I would correct their spelling.

-That's really what it all comes down to, isn't it? I think we should set some consequences and not worry about it. There is nothing stopping me from going to the Wiki and removing all of my Go pieces, then demanding to know who did it, except that it would make normal idiotic, immature, deserving-of-a-colossal-beating actions look pretty mundane. If we do this, everyone should just keep backup copies of their props handy in case.-

[[BvS]]