Daniel Lepage on 24 Sep 2003 19:29:51 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Checkpointly Recognizer(50.3/4)

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 01:56 PM, SkArcher wrote:

Would it be able to update Go moves in the same format, without lots of setup? Would you really want to grant players all necessary permissions?

The thing that makes Wiki work is the realization that users in a
community don't have to distrust each other.

I imagine proposals working like this: there's a Wiki page entitled
something like [Nweek 50 Proposals], and you make a proposal by adding
it as a section to the page. Editing someone else's proposal would be
against the Rules, so it wouldn't actually work, and it would be
punishable by a Kick in the Ass.
--
Rob Speer

One could build a versioning system into the Wiki implementation (which of course would be required anyway, as we need prior versions of the props and rules) so an alteration to the document would move the old version to its
own number and have the page for the current version updated (perhaps
numbering should go pXXXX/0, pXXXX/1 as normal with pXXXX/c (for current) being a mirror of pXXXX/n (where n is the revision number of the current
version, of course)

Then an implementation of users who can alter any page but make the
versioning system log who does what. This could even be useful for some
things (such as when I spotted that typo in bd's recent prop - we could make fixing typos a change allowed under the ruleset (with some clauses about not
altering intent))

Discuss

I suspect that rather than building a versioning system for the Wiki implementation, we could use the versioning system that's already built into the Wiki system... it automatically keeps copies of the old versions of each page.

--
Wonko