Rob Speer on 24 Sep 2003 17:37:30 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Checkpointly Recognizer (50.3/4)

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:28:27AM -0700, Mark Karasek wrote:
> You know, Movable Type (http://movabletype.org) would
> be great for this. It's a content management system
> designed for weblogs, but it can be used for a lot
> more (see
> http://a.wholelottanothing.org/features.blah/entry/007162
> for some examples). You can have multiple weblogs set
> up (for example, we could have one for proposals, one
> for go moves...) and give authors permission to only
> post to certain weblogs, only edit their own posts,
> etc. I just finished setting up MT for my own site;
> I'd be glad to do it again for us.

Would it be able to update Go moves in the same format, without lots of
setup? Would you really want to grant players all necessary permissions?

The thing that makes Wiki work is the realization that users in a
community don't have to distrust each other.

I imagine proposals working like this: there's a Wiki page entitled
something like [Nweek 50 Proposals], and you make a proposal by adding
it as a section to the page. Editing someone else's proposal would be
against the Rules, so it wouldn't actually work, and it would be
punishable by a Kick in the Ass.
--
Rob Speer