Rob Speer on 24 Sep 2003 07:49:34 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Checkpointly Recognizer (50.3/4)

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:27:27PM -0500, David E. Smith wrote:
> Does something have to be a mailing list to be a Public Forum? Could I,
> for instance, designate the Go page on the Wiki to be a Public Forum?
> (Would this then obligate me to look at it every couple of days, just to
> be certain that nobody tries to make a prop or do something else squirrely
> through the Wiki?)

I was considering just that.

I think what we need is a rule for "limited Public fora", to designate
things to count as Public Fora for certain kinds of actions.

The radical thing would be to move proposals to the Wiki. But then there
would either be no notification on the e-mail list, or it would be
necessary to make posts on the list like "I make a new proposal at
http://torg.mit.edu/bnomic/Proposals/nweek50"; (and I could make nice URLs
like this with Apache if we had a reason to use them).

--
Rob Speer