Daniel Lepage on 23 Sep 2003 22:25:42 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Auto Remailer

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 06:22 PM, SkArcher wrote:

Question: Would it be possible to set up an automatic remailer that accepts e-mails in, stores them until a specific time and then resends them (to the
list)?

If so, who can do it, what would it take, and how long would you need to do
it?

This is kind of needed to work around a problem I have in a rules change

Joel's already written something similar called escrow that emails a bunch of people, waits for their responses, and as soon as everyone's responded, sends all the responses to some other email address. It's pretty easy to use and fairly flexible. (I keep meaning to revive the Super Powers stuff using this, but I spend all my free time writing messages like this one instead of doing productive things, so that's unlikely to happen soon)

But as far as I know, it doesn't support specific time sending, so it might not suit your purposes. I would estimate that such a program could be written in a few days, assuming somebody has the time to work on it. I'd volunteer, but I don't have the time.

--
WOnko