Daniel Lepage on 23 Sep 2003 20:59:09 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Compound Keywords

What do people think of the idea of Compound Keywords? I was thinking we could replace keywords like PointsGained with Points:Gaining, that sort of thing. It wouldn't require any changes to the keywords rule, since each keyword would still be just a string. The only thing we might want to see is a new version of the bykeyword page, to allow someone to see all rules with a given keyword regardless of following parts, so that you could choose Proposals:Unauthored would show the rules defining unauthored proposals, and simply Proposals would show all of that plus, say, Proposals:Voting, Proposals:General, etc.

So the first question is, can anyone see any reason not to do this?

The second question is, is Dave, or somebody else with read priveleges to the rules database, willing to write a script to view these things in such a way?

--
Wonko