Baron von Skippy on 20 Sep 2003 00:00:21 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] That bitch Isabel

>> access I
>> of
>> be a

>> >Near DC, why?
>>
>> Because I got hit too - I'm in central NC - and it
>> would have been really
>> cool if you had turned out to be just down the road
>> or something.
>
>Well, in a sense I am...now that Isabel has
>waffle-stomped a path between us...
>
>Funny thing is, there's been some wind and rain here,
>yeah, but we've had worse...Nothing we've had up here
>has, as far as I know, been enough before to knock out
>the power for 24 hours.  So something big must have
>been hit down south that pulled all the service people
>out of here, leaving individual neighborhoods to blow
>like popcorn.

-That sounds a little like that thing that happened around here, up north... you know, when the whole bloody region went foomp for a few hours... is it just me, or does this country have some issues with its power grid?-

>Then phones went out for a piece of the morning, and
>some neighborhoods don't have water pressure, and now
>the county is saying we should be boiling our water
>(but have neglected to give us fusion-powered stoves
>to do so on)...It's been a couple flavors of fun up
>here.
>
>And with most of my college shut down, all I could
>find to borrow was an iMac...Wah.

-*wince* I feel so sorry for you... truly, this storm has brought terrible hard times on everyone.-

>-- Glotmorf

[[BvS]]