Daniel Lepage on 16 Sep 2003 13:49:54 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 49 M-Tek Position

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 08:43 AM, Glotmorf wrote:

The Prez of M-Tek states the M-Tek Position for the Nweek 49 ballot:

Proposal 1665/0: Slightly Easier? (Wonko)

No, for two reasons:

(1) This is in direct conflict with r16, which says, "Actions may only be taken in public fora, but if taken in private fora by mistake, they may be recognized by the entity responsible for recognizing it at eir discretion." Since there is no actual entity responsible for recognizing Go moves, moves made on private fora cannot be recognized. That makes this a meaningless rule change.

Y'know, I totally missed when that change happened. That completely invalidates a lot of things, like voting privately to the Admin, as well.

I declare this prop to be Fatally Flawed, and will change it next nweek.

(2) I don't like the precedent of making it officially acceptable to post game actions to the private fora. We have public and private fora for a reason. A better approach would be to change r16 to say that some public fora can be restricted to the submission of certain kinds of game actions, then designate a special-purpose Go public forum.

I'd like it to be more like a society subgame, where as long as you notify all the members, it's a legal move. Since there isn't a specific 'recognizer' for these actions, there seems to be no reason to restrict them to a public forum.

--
Wonko