Baron von Skippy on 15 Sep 2003 16:24:43 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Tunnelers RC

>>> I have another suggested Tunneler's Rule Change, namely that we add
>>> the
>>> following card combos:
>>>
>>> (note: when I say 'target mole' I really mean 'the mole in target
>>> square, if there is one'; if nobody's there, just lose the cards and
>>> have no effect)
>>> XXO - swap places with any square
>>> XXT - do 1 damage to target mole
>>> XXS - target mole gets no movement points during eir next turn
>>> XXQ - target mole cannot attack during eir next turn
>>>
>>> Note: All of these can only target squares within three of your
>>> location.
>>> Another Note: by swap squares, I mean trade the contents of those
>>> squares - swap places with moles that are there; bring the dirt to
>>> where you were if the target's full, etc.
>>>
>>> And finally:
>>> XXXXX - draw seven cards; at the end of your turn, discard down to
>>> two.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any thoughts?
>>>
>> -Generally not. Right now, however, I think this looks good - it makes
>> the X cards useful - except for one thing; no one will ever manage to
>> accumulate 5 X cards without some crazy focus on that goal, and it's
>> not worth the effort for the result offered. Now, I'd go for that
>> combo if the effect were more along the lines of "take two extra turns
>> after this one..."-
>
>Then it'd be too powerful -- two turns is enough to guarantee an
>instant kill of any level one mole.
-Yeah, but the difficulty inherent in getting the combo demands a really good result.-

>How about:
>XXXXX: increase each of your max stats by 1, then draw five new cards
>
>Basically, it becomes the equivalent of playing OOOOSSSSQQQQTTTT in
>quick succession.

-I'll go with that.-

>Oooh... and maybe also:
>XXX - trade hands with target mole

-I'm not sure that's at all worth it - how do you know if they've got anything decent worth trading for?-

[[BvS]]