Baron von Skippy on 15 Sep 2003 04:32:59 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] [PGo] Alliance

>>> Your move fails, because you didn't correctly represent the gamesate.
>>>
>>> Your stone at G3 should die - it now constitutes a surrounded Dragon,
>>> as every piece in it belongs either to you or your Ally the Baron, but
>>> none of the pieces around it are owned by a mutual ally of the two of
>>> you (since Glotmorf and BvS aren't allied). In order for you to ally
>>> with the Baron without losing anything, Glotmorf has to do it first.
>> -You have some funny ideas, Wonko. I'm nowhere /near/ there, so his
>> allying with me changes nothing in that area. And I'm sure we'd all
>> appreciate it is you'd stop trying to raise false Dragons... sorry,
>> been sitting on that one since the game started. Seriously, though.
>> Thanks to Glotmorf's stone at G2, that Dragon is a big L-shape with a
>> metric assload of Liberties. If I'm wrong, kindly explain how. And
>> explain what I have to do with it.-
>
>A dragon is defined as a set of stones and a group of allies s.t. all
>the stones in the set are adjacent to each other, all the stones in the
>set are owned by members of the allied group, and no stones adjacent to
>the set were owned by a mutual ally of those allies. Well, Rob's stone
>at G3, now that he has an ally which  Glotmorf doesn't, is a set of
>stones s.t. all the stones in the set are adjacent to each other, all
>the stones in the set are owned by members of the group of you and him,
>and there are no adjacent stones owned by mutual allies of you and him;
>the set also has no adjacent empty locations, and therefore no
>liberties; so it gets captured.

-You must be joking me... It even says in the rule that a set AAABBCCC would have AB and BC dragons. You're saying that set would have /no/ multiplayer dragons, because A and C aren't allied. Rob is B. Glotmorf is A. And I'm not a part of it, because my nearest stone is several away. Give over, man. This is a lost cause.-

[[BvS]]