Daniel Lepage on 2 Sep 2003 22:12:34 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] [PGo] The conflict begins

Thus spake Daniel Lepage:

 I also noticed that we'd be able to paste emails directly into the
 Wiki, except that we need to put ~s in front of all the []s; In the
 above, I changed the []s to ()s, but don't like the look as much, so
 I wonder if anyone can think of any reason why the <pre> tags on the
 Wiki board can't be <verbatim> instead?

Speaking as one of the PhpWiki developers (though I've been inactive for
quite a while): It's that way in the wiki because it's that way in HTML.
There's no <verbatim> tag in HTML, as far as I know. There is no reason why
the <pre> tags *can't* be <verbatim> instead; that sounds computable to me.
All you'd need to do is disjoin a test for <verbatim> to the test for <pre>
in the code that translates the db contents into HTML.

Um... I don't mean that I'd like to alter the PHPWiki code to allow <verbatim> tags; my knowledge of PHP is minimal at best, and anyway, as Rob set this up, not me, I don't think I have access to that sort of thing anyway.

So my question was, is there any reason why we'd want any Wiki interaction in there at all? If not, we can change <pre> to <verbatim> and thus eliminate the need for the ~s in front of the brackets.

--
Wonko