David E. Smith on 2 Sep 2003 12:25:57 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 48 BALLOT

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Glotmorf wrote:

> >Proposal 1657/0: A Cheat By Any Other Name (The Administrator)
>
> No.  I'm not voting Shelve this time because an alternative wasn't
> advanced, and, no, as entertaining as it might be, I don't want to see
> 1d6 random rules deleted. :)

What kind of alternative do you want? It's a "repeal a rule" proposal.
It's a yes-or-no. (I suppose I could've made it a 'deactivate the rule'
proposal, but that's just silly in this instance.)

The only thing I can imagine is that you're looking for an alternative way
to make more than five proposals in an nweek. There already are several
alternatives for that:

* Don't make more than five props in an nweek. Combine your changes into
  five or fewer logical units, and work with other players to find sets of
  changes that will be passed. Consensus-builiding, etc. (RECOMMENDED)
* If you wait 'til after voting for nweek X starts, your props will appear
  on the ballot for nweek X+1. This way, without violating the letter of
  the bandwidth rule, you can get up to ten props on a single ballot.
  (EXPLICITLY DISCOURAGED)
* If you really have that many good ideas, enlist other players' support.
  Nomic players are not islands unto themselves.

...dave

--
David E. Smith  dave@[technopagan.org|bureau42.com|whatisay.com|mvn.net]
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me?