Rob Speer on 31 Jul 2003 21:11:54 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 46 BALLOT

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:08:06PM +0100, SkArcher wrote:
> {{__There's a hole__
>
> add the word 'one' between the words 'any' and 'proposal' in the philosophical mandate for Selective Lobbyist
>
> }}
>
> I await the CFI....

The sentence is this:

"A Selective Lobbyist may cast N extra YES or NO votes on any proposal
that e did not make, where N is equal to the number of proposals e
ABSTAINS on that ballot, with a limit of 2."

There are two interpretations of a crucial part of it:

A Selective Lobbyist may cast N (extra YES or NO votes on any proposal...)
A Selective Lobbyist may cast (N extra YES or NO votes) on any proposal...

I must believe that the intent of the rule was the first interpretation.
You get extra YES or NO votes by being a Selective Lobbyist, and you can
cast each one on any proposal you did not author. You can cast N such
votes, where N is at most 2. You could cast them on different proposals
if you wanted to.

The whole Selective Lobbyist mandate is messed up, anyway. Abstaining on
two proposals is not a fair price for two extra votes. Abstaining on 2/3
of the ballot might be. Then it would actually be "selective".

But then it's just too damn powerful anyway.
--
Rob Speer