SkArcher on 19 Jul 2003 05:46:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Wonko's dimension scam

19/07/2003 06:40:40, Glotmorf <nomicmorf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I haven't paid an awful lot of attention to this,
>since I figured it would work itself out over time,
>but here's a fresh observation: This may be another
>case (we've had them before) of the rules being
>examined separately rather than collectively.
>Collectively we have Rule 407, which talks about space
>"in which it is possible to move" and Dimensions
>"where each Dimension is a Component", and then we
>have Rule 154, which discusses how dimensions can
>change.  Together these serve to regulate movement in
>dimensions space, since r407 says that movement is
>possible and r154 gives the details of how it can
>happen.  Yes, you can move in the direction of Charm,
>by causing your Charm to go up; you then need to look
>into the ways you can cause your Charm to go up.
>
>There is no conflict.  Consequently, there is no scam.

This sounds like a better written version of what I was trying to say when I CFI'd it - that just because it is defined as being possible doesn't mean you can
just do it - you can only do it in ways defined in the rules

oh well, we will find out when the CFI gets its ruling - its fortuanate that the arguement i put forward isn't binding, only the actual CFI statement is

SkArcher