Iain Scott on 15 Jul 2003 20:50:01 -0000

RE: [Spoon-business] RE: RE: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Aes Sedai

At 21:05 15/07/03, you wrote:

The US Code is a single document of incredible length that contains all of
our law (except for the constitution and the equally-important
precedent-setting court cases). Various pieces of legislation amend it. It
is, in essence, the ruleset of the United States.

<pendant>
The US Code is only a _collection_ of the US laws, in much the same way the rulset webpage is a collection of the B Nomic rules.
</pendant>

 By repealing the US Code,
we lose *all* of American law, including both copyrights and the Patriot
Act.

While your at it, do you think you could ammend your proposal to repeal things like your constitution, the laws of the several states, all Acts in Council since William the Conqueror and the laws of and the treaties between the other 145 (or so!) countries of the UN? I might vote for it, then.... :-)

cheers,
Iain