Emil Bleehall on 15 Jul 2003 12:44:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] WoT-esque protoprop

Having been silent for [too long/not nearly long enough], I want to weigh in on BvS's proto-prop before his blood pressure goes critical and he gets brain goo all over his nice monitor.

I know NOTHING about the WoT series, other than the semi-fanatical recountings of one of my offspring, which I ignore as best I can (you decide whether I mean I ignore the recountings or my offspring). But I like this proposal. While I acknowledge that a devoted reader of the books may have a firmer grasp of the concept and possible uses, I still think that I, armed only with the text of the rule (if indeed a rule it becomes) can put it to equally good use. So I wave away all arguments based on "but it's outside the ruuuuuuules..."

It is amorphous. Cool. Way cool. Two ministers who would have real jobs and be held accountable. Excellent. Built in safeguards involving CFIs and admin veto. Nice. So I wave away all arguments based on "but someone evil will abuuuuuuuuse it..."

Emil "I'm going to abuuuuuuuse the ruuuuuuuules" Bleehall