Glotmorf on 1 Jul 2003 05:08:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] The Grid

On 6/30/03 at 11:59 PM David E. Smith wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Daniel Lepage wrote:
>
>> I have a question, a straw poll, if you will, for the players.
>
>There are other entities besides players who are, at least peripherally,
>involved in this discussion as well. :-)
>
>> I am working on a proposal to create a new Grid, one that will
>> hopefully be neater and easier to work with. I want to know what
>> direction we want to take this in.
>
>I very much look forward to seeing this new proposal. In fact, I may dust
>off the Administrative Veto and shelve p1575 pending a draft of same.
>
>The Grid is a big portion of this game. Rule 301 is by far the largest,
>and most-revised, rule in the entirety of this Nomic, and it'd be a shame
>to see such a piece of history simply evaporate into the mists of time and
>the oft-forgotten database.
>
>Yes, for me it's a pain in the arse. But what worthwhile thing in life
>isn't occasionally? (Hi, Christine!) It's also probably the second most
>important thing that makes this Nomic unique, second only to the players
>themselves.

Once upon a time, didn't we talk about the possibility of subgames being self-contained to the point that one could be a member of a subgame without actually being a member of B Nomic itself?  Would we still want to do this?  And if so, would the members of the subgame be able to change its rules, presumably using whatever mechanisms were in place in the parent game?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower