Daniel Lepage on 28 Jun 2003 03:03:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Subgame?

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 02:17  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

How does this look for a start?

Sounds too complex for the state of the game right now.

Most of the complexity is simply a roundabout way of saying, "Let's pretend we're taking turns and have cards!"

The game I'm trying to create is Dvorak, which can be described in 99 words:

Shuffle the cards into a draw pile.
 Draw five cards each. Choose who takes the first turn.
Each turn, draw a card from the top of the draw pile, then play a Thing and/or an Action. (Things go onto the table in front of the person who played them, Actions go face-up onto the discard pile.) If you've got more than five cards in your hand at the end of your turn, discard down to five. Then it's the next Player's turn. When the draw pile's empty, shuffle the discard pile to make a new one.
  And that's it.

-Well,it might work, if it wouldn't take weeks at a time to go through rounds, anyway. Have you played this game often/ can you give us some examples of the kinds of things that go on the cards?-

I've never played, but I can direct you to a sample deck: http://www.dvorakgame.co.uk/cardlist.cgi?timecube

--
Wonko