Baron von Skippy on 7 Jun 2003 03:32:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 42 BALLOT

>>>Simpler still: I set my automation script to: "I win. Rinse. Repeat."
>>>
>>>Emil "I win. Ow, suds in my eyes." Bleehall
>>
>>Don't think that would work. Instead of performing actions that would
cause
>>you to win you're declaring that you win, which isn't allowed (see rule
>>393).
>>
>-See, e was kidding - it's funny because it looks clever at first glance,
>but then you think about it and realize that it doesn't actually work, but
>it's still clever. And e sent it to s-d, so clearly it isn't a real
>automation script.

Because I can't risk the Admin not noticing it and thus failing to recognize
it merely out of carelessness (as opposed to because e doesn't like it) I
should probably remind em that mine was on spoon-business. And the precedent set in the society scam is that since I was the first and it isn't a copycat
script, it deserves Recognition.

-Doesn't mean Dave can't ignore you anyway. Or decide that you want to win by passing a whole lot of proposals like "Give me a million points." In fact, I think that he should interpret your script to mean "I create five props a week with the text 'Give Teucer 1,000,000 points' and give each player my score/x points each nweek, where x is the number of players in the game." See where that gets you. Hey, bribery and proposal are good ways to win, no doubt about that.-

[[BvS]]