SkArcher on 30 May 2003 21:17:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 42 BALLOT

>>Proposal 1548/0: Refining (SkArcher)
>
>No.  It's a cute idea, but unless we're going back to itemized raw materials I don't think we need it.  Precedent
has already been set for turning things into other things just by having them in one's possession and saying one is
doing so.

I did consider using the existing Gnome rules, but decided against it mainly because the Gnomes list was originally
written and is still mainly for Alcohol, and I was trying to add something that isn't (The sequence was to be Earth
Gnome + Winter Gnome = Candle Gnome, Candle Gnome + Fire Gnome = Wax Gnome, FWIW)

In addition I was trying to add some utility into improvements, land ownership and Olive trees (the latter being the
most underused bit of the game, AFAIK)

SkArcher

I'm really tired of people equating the Matrix with christianity. I think it's a disservice to the movie to compare
it with a thousand pages of confused hallucinogenic gibberish. - Sstory, in a post on slashdot