Baron von Skippy on 11 May 2003 04:42:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] A cookie to the first person to identify the quote...

I like the idea of including the Wheel of Time stuff, but I would rather keep it seperate from Jedi stuff.
-Me too, but we don't have magic or Source or anything in that tack.-

Hmm... as I recall, being a Jedi wasn't something anyone could do. Same goes for being an Aes'Sedai. And a few other things. I have two seperate ideas:

First, let each person choose a different path. You can be a Jedi, OR be an Aes'Sedai, but not both. And maybe we could come up with other mutually exclusive things, that tend to be inborn. Mayve modify the Rumble rules, so only non-Jedi, non-Aes'Sedai, can be a Superhero?
-Well, then we need a whole system of Aes Sedai abilities. I'd love to see one. Would you like me to replace this prop with something else or call it Flawed so someone can propose such a system? Or can we rescind proposals yet?-

Another way of doing things would be to make being an Aes'Sedai, or a Jedi, or whatever, be something that you can purchase with a new currency, something like Character Creation Points, or something, that you get when you become a player and after each grid reset, and you have to repurchase with those points if you wish to keep your rank. That would make things accessible to everyone and fair, and yet maintain the idea that not all people in a population have these powers.
-Not liking that as much. Game resets can come at inopportune times. One thing that occurs to me, though... if you'll notice, most Jedi appear to be male. All Aes Sedai are female - males who can use their power eventually go insane and kill people, for all those who haven't read the Wheel of Time books - so what if it was gender-based? Gender does very little right now, so maybe it should be related to this.-

[[BvS]]