Daniel Lepage on 11 May 2003 02:50:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Rectifications

On Saturday, May 10, 2003, at 10:44  PM, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

I think this needed to come earlier... the results have already faded into the mists of the Statute of Limitations.

It would have come earlier, but I didn't realize it until now. And the effects of it being true are fairly easy to determine. And I'm probably there anyway, as Dave has said. And finally, according to the rules, I could issue a CFI about something that happened 20 nweeks ago if I wanted. Dave would likely strangle me if it had any lasting effects, but I could.

Well, right, you can CFI it now, but it's trivially false, as whether or not the statement was false at the time, it is considered to be false for all purposes of the game now.

Actually, I suppose that's not true. This CFI could be judged true; but it wouldn't have any effect on the game, as the gamestate has already been modified to what it would be had the statement been false.

--
Wonko