Orc In A Spacesuit on 11 May 2003 02:36:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Testing....

From: Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hey BvS, what possible use is it to have the last 10,000 messages hanging
around?

Orc in a Spacesuit

-This is sad on so many levels I can't even count them, and both of them are pretty sad. First, you actually counted 10 minutes. Second, I actually
forgot.

I knew that sounded familiar... check out a recent 8-Bit Theater comic at http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=030408 . BvS, do you read it? For those unfamiliar with it, it's a parody of the original Final Fantasy
game for the NES.

By the way, this is the 38'th reply to a testing message.  Might we  be
heading towards a record?
USENET holds that record, easy. There's a thread in reply to a troll's
pity-post in usenet. 5000something posts, and there's a tradition to
resuscitate it every once in a while.
http://groups.google.com/ groups?selm=19990102222856.12510.00006630%40ng23.aol.com

Oh, I had no illusions have having any record on a large scale. I just meant that in terms of B Nomic. We tend to do this kind of thing often; I was wondering if we had outdone ourselves this time.

I never understood that phrase. By definition, you cannot outdo yourself, for whatever action you take that causes you to be outdone is, by virtue of having been done by you, setting a new standard for what it means to outdo you. It's like the way it's never tomorrow, and my score is undefined when it's 100 more than it is.

And this makes 41.

You said 38... two messages later, you say 41... unless my math skills have seriously depreciated lately, something isn't quite right here...

--
Wonko

Umm... well... ah... "I said 40, not 41. And you will vote yes on my next proposal" *waves his hand*

Orc in a Spacesuit