Daniel Lepage on 5 May 2003 03:31:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Testing....

On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 10:34  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

Hey BvS, what possible use is it to have the last 10,000 messages hanging around?

Orc in a Spacesuit

-This is sad on so many levels I can't even count them, and both of them are pretty sad. First, you actually counted 10 minutes. Second, I actually forgot.

If you save up 10,000 messages, you can turn them in for a blender. Me, I just like to get the rub-on tatoos for saving 8 messages.-

Begin forwarded message:

From: "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon May 20, 2002  1:56:09  AM US/Eastern
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Prop: delegation means delegation

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Glotmorf wrote:

BTW...has anyone ever tried a MUD/MUSH with Nomic?  It's telnet-based,
and therefore line-oriented, and therefore compatible with any machine
that can run telnet at all. Plus, there are special-purpose clients for
such things.  MUSHes, at least, are codable, which means an interface
could be built out of them, and it could provide means for chat areas.

Yib (of LambdaMOO fame) has been working on that for a while on a side
project, YibMOO. yib.moo.mud.org:7777 (I think). I'm not sure how well
things are faring over there - it's been a while since I dropped in,
because I know if I do, I'll end up playing, and I just don't have time
for another Nomic just now.

Here's an example of a message I've filed away as potentially of interest. It's a year old in two weeks; but I still sometimes log on to YibMOO to try to see if I can make sense of anything. I can't, really, but I check from time to time anyway.

--
Wonko