Orc In A Spacesuit on 2 May 2003 01:04:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] BNS in the Market

From: Glotmorf <nomicmorf@xxxxxxxxx>
--- Craig <ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> for my message to show up
> but one of my Coins into
> while I can.

> Nomic, as both an
> request for any ideas of

> recognize the Market,
> that there exist exactly
> Craig's got 1000 more.
> >>
> >> 2000, actually, and I've since gotten another
> 1000. However, I think that
> >> protecting the stability of interaction is
> essential. Thus, if anyone
> sees
> >> this as dangerous, I will turn them back into
> three Coins.
>
> >[[ I think we need to rerwrite the Coins <-> BNS
> conversion to use the
> banks
> >on B Nomic and Thermo, instead of just magically
> transmuting it. That
> should
> >solve the problem. In the meantime, I'll CFI it. ]]
>
> >I submit the following CFI:
> >{{
> >When Thermodynomic Coins are converted into BNS,
> the new BNS comes from the
> >Nomic Bank.
> >}}
>
> Just my two cents: The BNS are not yet in B Nomic.
> If I could create BNS in
> another game, they would not need to come from your
> Bank. So, IMO, the Bank
> does not lose the BNS until and unless they are
> brought into B Nomic through
> the Market. Of course, I don't understand your Bank
> laws well enough to know
> what ought to happen then, but I don't think you
> have to worry for now.

The general idea is that BNS in B Nomic is a zero-sum
currency -- the more one player gets, the less there
is for everyone else.  That's why I was concerned that
Coins on Thermo appear to be conjurable...it means BNS
can theoretically be drained out of B Nomic, which may
inflate the value of BNS here.

-- Glotmorf

Just a note: With the prop I made, it is not possible to trade BNS into or out of B Nomic. Coins, however, are tradeable. I didn't envision the Market allowing you to do conversions (essentially "trade with no-one"), and I'm not sure that such is a good thing. And B Nomic Shillings are just that -- B Nomic currency. While we could export them, it might have a negative effect on our economy.