Orc In A Spacesuit on 1 May 2003 23:09:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Nomicmarket] Nomic Market beginning.

From: Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
OK, now that that's there (and while waiting for my message to show up in
Thermo), I come to the market and convert all but one of my Coins into 1000
BNS each. I'd better protect these puppies while I can.

This post has been sent to both the market and B Nomic, as both an example of the hazards of free trade, and a request for any ideas of how B can fix its ruleset.

The problem we have now is that if we legally recognize the Market, we're violating our Bank rule - it stipulates that there exist exactly 5,000,000 BNS, but the Market stipulates that Craig's got 1000 more. How do we reconcile this?

Three ways:
We can have the B Nomic ruleset (as it does now) ignore any B Nomic Shillings that are not in B Nomic, and whenever Craig trades those BNS to someone in B Nomic, the Bank loses some, and if someone trades some BNS out, the Bank gains some.

We can have the B Nomic ruleset recognize any BNS in the Market as well as in B Nomic, and have those BNS that others (like Craig) exchange for come from our Bank.

We can change the Market ruleset so that changing items into other items isn't allowed.

Orc in a Spacesuit