Orc In A Spacesuit on 28 Apr 2003 23:33:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Sunday night)

I rule FALSE on j1481/0

Please elaborate.

I feel that, while the charters are there, they're part of the gamestate and can't be modified by default. Moreover, nothing grants them force of Rule, so they can't modify themselves.

And...because of this, you think Mr. in a Spacesuit DID score a win? Which is what a False ruling on that CFI indicates?

Oopsie. Meant TRUE. Um, does that could as a Rectification? If not, I appeal it.

I am so loving this. I mean, I was honestly willing to give up the win, despite the fact that I consistently proved that I got it, but it seems that I don't have to work at all to get it.

As for a response to the analysis: Yes, charters are a part of the gamesstate. Yes, things can't be modified by default. BUT societies can modify their charters, according to the Societies rule. And yes, they do not have the force of rule, unless they are modified to be a rule. Which is possible due to what I said above, and the fact that there is no restriction that applies to changing a charter into a rule.

Orc in a Spacesuit