bd on 8 Apr 2003 22:22:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Step one on the road to InterNomic II

On Monday 07 April 2003 09:26 pm, Baron von Skippy wrote:
> >>No one commented last time. That's annoying - how do I know what you
> >> think if you don't comment? So let me know if there are any problems. I
> >> tweaked this some, maybe it's a little less unwieldy now.
> >
> >My thoughts?  I'm not sure.  I think you may be trying to make this a bit
> >too broad, a bit too general.  I think it would be better to negotiate
> >individual things with the different Nomics one at a time.  I don't think
> >I'll vote against the prop as it stands now, but I think you may going too
> >broad.
> >I am all for standardization of things, but to standardize something, you
> >have to have a good idea of the big picture and small picture of what's
> >going on first.  Me, personally, I don't have either.  So I can't really
> >pass judgement on this.  That's why I'll not be against this if you think
> >it's a good idea, because I hope you know more about this than I do.
>
> -If I read you right, you're more or less saying I haven't really explained
> what I'm going for. I think you may be right... here it is, then. I'm
> looking at a less structured, more real-lifeish version of InterNomic,
> where instead of a central Nomic controlling all, individuals link up and
> interact. It's broad so that they can do all kind of things, you see.

Wow, Nomtella. :P What about the United Nomics? Kind of like InterNomic, but
the members can do things behind its back, like invading other Nomics for
suspected weapons treaty violations? ;)

> Initially, there will be very few links, and most of them will come from B
> Nomic. This is a good thing. What I'm really going for is two unprecedented
> things. One, this game uniting behind a cause. Two, the cause: B Nomic
> becoming a power in the land, and, if they don't have a land for us to be a
> power in, us making one. What I envision is most players joining a second
> game and promoting the cause of B Nomic there. You don't have to be a
> full-time player. Just join, vote some, and occasionally propose something
> that will make their ruleset better compatible with ours.

Hm... The only other active nomic I know about is Agora, and I'm not even sure
where that is... Most of the ones on the Wiki, last time I looked, had
out-of-date entries.

>       But it isn't all about our profit. Think of the gains to our game
> when our representatives can come back every nweek with tales of the ideas
> of other Nomics, and propose versions of them. Not their sellable objects,
> but the concepts and philosophies of their games. Everyone stands to win
> here, especially the people who can make the most stuff to sell. Might I
> point out that we have a lot to sell?

Sausages inna bun! Only 10 BNS, and that's cutting me own throat! *ducks*

>       Ambassadors will have advantages too. Especially once it's realized
> that it's easiest to have B Nomic Ambassadors to other Nomics become other
> Nomics' Ambassadors to B Nomic. Ambassadors will get power and paychecks
> both ways.
>       So, give it a little thought. Maybe this won't work. Maybe it will. I
> certainly would like to see it succeed. Inasmuch as Nomic has history
> books, let us go down in them.
>       I'll get off the soap box now.-
- --
bd