Daniel Lepage on 3 Apr 2003 00:30:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Tuesday evening)

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 07:14  PM, bd wrote:

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 12:15 am, David E. Smith wrote:

Dave goes on a rant about how f---ing silly things like Automation Scripts that create proxies-for-sale and society-dictated voting for players that haven't actually played in most of a calendar year really is. If you want to play, show up and play, all on your own. Yes, you, sit down in front of a computer for a few minutes every few days, skim over the list, make some
proposals, send in some snappy comments, whatever. but actually PLAY.
Automation Scripts basically just annoy me (because I have to keep track of 'em and actually implement all their requests), and the continued abuse
of the comatose Iain (who, for all we know, could in fact, IRL, be
comatose, since nobody has actually heard from em in appx. forever), are coming very close indeed to triggering my temper. Actually, I think the whole damn game is becoming a bit too complex for anyone to keep up and still call it a hobby; it may be time for D Nomic (I'm skipping C so that
the object-oriented wonks don't get any ideas).

C isn't OO :P It does have structures though...
struct gridsquare {
SET contains;
int x,y;
enum gridtypes type;
};
:P I do think C style comments would be nice, though; no particular reason.

I shudder to think of trying to write the Grid in C.
*shudders to think of trying to write the Grid in C*

--
Wonko